Smoked Salmon Mousse CanapésMost people have a pack of smoked salmon in the fridge this time of year. It just would not feel quite like Christmas if there wasn’t smoked salmon making a guest appearance at the table. Smoked salmon canapés have timeless appeal and make for a perfect starter to your Irish Christmas Feast. Ummera Irish Smokehouse Smoked Salmon For nearly fifty years, Ummera has built up an excellent reputation for producing some of the finest smoked salmon available. They initially concentrated on smoking the Wild Atlantic Salmon which were caught by fishermen as the salmon returned from their feeding grounds in the North Atlantic. Since 2006, when it was evident that over-fishing was having significant effects on wild salmon stocks, Ummera has been smoking Irish organically reared salmon. Ummera Irish Smokehouse products are available in our shop in Mullingar.
Smoked Salmon Mousse Canapés Recipe
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 100g crème fraîche
- 200g smoked salmon
- 1 lemon, lemon zest
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped, fresh dill
- Freshly milled black pepper to season
- ½ lemon, juice (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until a pâté texture forms.
- The salt in each batch of smoked salmon can vary -- if too salty, add some lemon juice.
- Served on cucumber slices, rye crisps, sliced or soda bread.