Bordeaux Introductory Mix
**Price includes FREE Delivery**
• 1x CHATEAU HAUT RIAN CUVEE PRESTIGE, Premieres Cotes de Bordeaux A/C, France "This wine exudes fine ripe blackcurrant fruit from old vines, while 12 months ageing in new oak barrels gives a toasty gloss." Tomas Clancy, Food and Wine Magazine
• 1x CHATEAU FONGABAN, Puisseguin Saint-Emilion A/C, France Delicious spiced plums supported by ripe tannins and peppery finish. Full-bodied enough to match with a curried lamb and green peppers” Liam Campbell, Irish Independent
• 1x CHATEAU SAINTE-MARIE ALIOS, Cotes de Bordeaux A/C, France "From a classic blend of Merlot, Cabernet and Petit Verdot, this is a supple, ripe wine with lightly spicy blackcurrant and cassis." John Wilson, The Irish Times
• 1x CHATEAU THIEULEY CUVEE FRANCIS COURSELLE, Bordeaux A/C, France "As good as many a fine white Burgundy" Tom Doorley, tomdoorley.com
• 1x CHATEAU SAINTE-MARIE, Entre-Deux-Mers A/C, France “A delicious modern style of Bordeaux with lightly creamy cassis fruits and a smooth easy finish” John Wilson, Irish Times
• 1x CHATEAU HAUT RIAN, Bordeaux A/C, France "A goodly dose of Sauvignon Blanc in this stylish and highly affordable white Bordeaux makes it fresh and zesty while not trying to punch you on the nose as this grape sometimes does. A lovely summery wine" Tom Doorley, Irish Daily Mail
Michel and Isabelle Dietrich own some of the best sites on the hillsides of Rions, all south or southeast facing on limestone soils. These are details which make all the difference to me when choosing a wine for our list. Both Michel and Isabelle come from a winemaking tradition-Michel's family are winemakers from Alsace, and Isabelle's family are Champagne winemakers.
Taking his family experience, his qualifications from the universities of Beaune and Bordeaux, Michael set off to work with an Australian winery for 7 years before establishing Chateau Haut Rian in 1988. These are the other details which set this wine apart. A skillful winemaker, with experience in the very different regions of Alsace and Australia, he produces a range of meticulously made wines at a great price.
Owen Murphy from Wines Direct spent the harvest at Chateau Haut Rian, so saw at first hand the care and attention required to produce these lovely wines, finishing each evening with a nice drop to accompany Isabelle's excellent cooking!