Business Development / Account Manager - Cork/Kerry
Applicants - email email@example.com with your CV.
At Wines Direct, we have a passion for good wine, wine we source directly from independent growers around the world. Our unique approach has put us in a leading position within the Irish wine market, and we supply many of Ireland's top restaurants and hotels. As part of our continued growth, we are currently looking to recruit a sales and business developer to join our knowledgeable and experienced Sales Team. This position requires knowledge of wine and have a passion for the food and wine industry with a strong personality to drive sales in our business.
We are looking for candidates with ambition, drive and potential to become our next leading sales executive.
This role is an off-site Sales and Business Development position covering Cork & Kerry. The candidate will work alongside and report to our experienced Sales Manager to achieve challenging objectives. We are looking for an energetic team player with an in-depth working knowledge of wine and the wine service market in Ireland who is looking to further develop their career in sales with a dynamic and growing company.
Please can you get this going on our pages for all those drinking wine and scrolling over the weekend
- Develop new sales - identify and target new business opportunities in the sales territory.
- Manage the sales and commercial performance of the territory assigned.
- Ability to work with the Sales Manager to achieve objectives.
- Foster excellent customer relationships within the sales territory to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Follow a call plan to visit all customers in your area while being flexible and responsive to your customer's needs.
- Build and maintain these relationships.
- Generate sales leads by building strong relationships with potential and existing customers through a variety of channels, e.g. networking, social media, referrals, warm and cold calling.
- Account management - maintain relationships with customer post-sale to ensure customer satisfaction and obtain referrals. Taking ownership of the customer and their issues.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills. You will receive full and ongoing training on our product range.
- Maintain and develop your knowledge of products and services as well as industry developments.
- The candidate must have strong IT abilities, including experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs. You will use these programs on an ongoing basis.
- Competence in Social Media platforms preferred: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Sales and business development experience in the on-trade environment
- Keen interest in wine and the wine industry
- WSET qualification an advantage
- Excellent selling and account management skills
- Must be target driven and capable of developing new business on their own initiative.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales targets in a competitive market.
- Must be ambitious, have good negotiation skills, pro-active and energetic in developing new business.
- Effective time management with the ability to prioritise/multi-task.
- A high level of flexibility is required by the candidate.
- A proven team player with an excellent customer service approach, a professional manner, articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full, clean drivers’ licence
- Candidate must ideally live in the proposed catchment area.
Is this your Opportunity?
- The successful applicant will have the ability to convert leads into sales while constantly ensuring customer satisfaction. If you are self-motivated, commercially aware, proactive, resilient, with the desire to succeed and a passion for wine, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Salary Dependent on experience
- Bonus Schemes based on achieving targets.
- Expenses (Petrol, parking etc.)
- Mobile & Laptop
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Work Location: On the road